|

|

Friday 19 September 2008

THE MUTE DIARIES Entry 4: Broken Silence!! (Jools Holland / Rankin / Don't Do Drugs)

It's been one of my dreams to perform on the Jools Holland show, and on Tuesday night, that dream became REAL!! SURreal infact.... feels like a blur now but watch it back and it's far from blurry!!! (BBC iPlayer kids - but they will be repeating on Friday night, BBC 2 at 11.30 GMT) and though in my dream, the music sounded a little bit more like my own songs (LOL, I mean, LG - laughing gently) I'm so happy for Sway - who's now been Konvikted!! -and it was still great music, a hot line-up and a great opportunity. So for now, the silence has been broken!!!



Baby, DON'T DO DRUGS. You wont need 'em. Cos when you're low, the rush of how high you can get off something GREAT happening will be dampened by the FAKE high the drug has given you. Lord knows, my life aint too dull, even now... but that's cos these real highs are a total thrill! Check this video of me after the show and you'll see what I mean:



See... so high that I even went out of sync! So if drugs take you out of a low you were in, you'll be dull to the height of your REAL high, which is SO MUCH HIGHER!! (Been tryna post that all week! Had a few technical issues with MacBeth which are now solved)

At Jools, I got to watch Kings of Leon and Metallica live for the first time. If nothing else, being an artist is a damn hot ticket as I was completely blown away by both - even in a TV studio... bemused by the ssseeexxy Carla Bruni (wife of France's premier) and the electric VV Brown (who had the producer of Saturday Night Hustle in her band... I was calling it the Jools & Shux show... he also produced Hi Definition on Lupe's The Cool). Needless to say, everyone was great.

And the highs don't stop.... last week, as part of the band I sing with, Bugz In The Attic, I was photographed by the one and only, big boy photographer, image, video and filmmaker that is the mighty RANKIN!! (He shot one of my favourite vids of last year, 'Say It Right' by Nelly Furtado and generally creates ICONS with his shots... I suggested that he replace my head with Naomi Cambells...) I had a great time on the shoot! Rankin? He's the MAN.

And it STILL don't stop... as I said, I have been speaking for a week and I did make a trip to Morocco since my last blog but I was unwell, hence why you didnt hear from me. Feeling butter (yes, butter) now though and I got a few pictures still....

Marrakech Airport... so pretty!





The venue had a very interesting and unusual light fixture..





A shot of the venue... the stage is to the right... OUTSIDE! Check that SUNSHINE!!



From my hotel room balcony...





So, you ask... this is Ace in 'slowing down' mode?!?!

Actually, yes!

So, I dont NEED drugs! And neither do you. But to clarify... by no means am I being frivilous. I'm still being extremely careful until I'm given the all-clear with my voice and general health. So Ace the Mute lives on for the moment.

I wonder what adventures next week will bring - maybe none... I don't know. But I'm looking forward to my next hit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bravo on the Jools Holland tip.
Caught Sway's performance of "Say it Twice" on last night's showing of it...but gonna have to draw for iplayer to see the full whack!

I'm amused by this blog of yours. Very novel.
Keep doing what you're doing b.
Remain Blessed

AKS-{nothing more...nothing less}