|

|

Saturday 23 August 2008

THE MUTE DIARIES Entry 2: The Whisperer

It's been nearly a weeks since I was stripped of my powers, so I have been trying my best not to speak. So the novelty of writing everything down and typing on MacBeth (my laptop that changed my life) in large, bold and colourful typefaces was starting to ware a lil thin. So I've been naughty and started whispering.



I have to be careful because I was in the shop and forgot to gesture that I'd lost my voice. When I started whispering to the guy in the isle for help, he looked undeservedly flattered! I was only asking where the milk was...

Observing people since becoming 'The Whisperer', it's been quite funny... seems most people's natural reaction is to whisper back! Then other people think you're talking about them and when they realise you're not, they start to whisper too. Then, I'm like... speak up, I cant hear you! And a gotta say thanks so much to my friend - when I wrote my words, they proceed to write down all their responses, just to go through it with me ;D what a babe. This has all helped towards restoring my faith in human compassion... though the waitress thought I was deaf! LOL! I mean LS (Laughing Silently)

And another thing... losing one power has helped me gain another... when you whisper, everyone must be quiet in order to hear you. Ironic how the best way to get heard, is to be quiet! I can get the attention of a whole room now. When I'm talking, you better listen GOOD!! Oh the control, Oh the POWER!

I will say though, I've been getting a bit carried away with it. You can still feel the strain on your voice after a while and after all, that's the most important thing about this, so I have to stop. Or keep any kind of speaking to an absolute minimum. I'll save it for moments of passion. I'll whisper when I'm angry ;D

No comments: