|

|

Friday 15 August 2008

Heard & Not Seen - Just the Olympics?

Something that I found interesting, was that the press seemed shocked and outraged that someone with no apparent talent was chosen over someone who had obvious and raw talent, purley because she looked the part... hhhmmm, sound familiar? Oh I know... its practically a model of western world tabloid media! (and much of the music industry). So some wanna piss on China for doing the same thing? Why? Cos she's a child? Ok, yeah - its wrong cos she's a child. But its ok to print a playboy bunny on kid's stationary? Moving on...



This poor little girl got pushed aside because apparently, she wasn't a 'pretty enough' image to project to the world. What KILLS me is that her voice seemed to be good enough. Wow.

I know what its like cos I've been through this. I've been rejected more than once... more than twice as an Artist. There have been times when my voice has been good enough, but for some reason, my image or my input as an artist and what I want to represent, is totally disregarded, and discarded. In some cases, it's business, in some cases, I couldnt even explain to you why. But in many cases, it's just wrong. And believe me even as an adult, it's harsh. But imagine the message that's sending out to this angel-voiced child, and the MILLIONS of children across the world.

Even if the child had elephantitis all over her body and face, she should be acknowledged for her talent I reckon. But I mean, look at the lil chick - she's not exactly a minger is she? Even if the case was so, have mercy on the child. She is who and what she is. If she can't be that, then leave her out totally. And you know what? Same goes for me.

No comments: