|

|

Monday 2 March 2009

Mini-gig mini-Freeze!

Maaaaan....

Twin B, I love you to death for the tremendous talk-up you gave me last night, for my big show finale performance! Then, the voices came and INVADED! So many forces been trying to stop me being the best I can be, on stage and otherwise, and while I did what I could to ward them off, they attacked! Never been great at addressing crowds other than with my voice so good practice. One of my favourite quotes is 'Face you fear. Then run towards it' - so I'm running, running, running... I trip sometimes. Hey, I guess you win some, you lose some. Overall, I'm winning and I had fun.

Its was a pleasure working with that band but a sound-check is simply NOT ENOUGH!

I will begin rehearsals with my band in about a week, so I'll be more settled, comfortable and give you more than 2 songs. A better, bigger performance. Give you a lil more me. I know perfectionism, and she's a bitch.

Went to Jump-Off Seminar (love ya Ara) this eve too - some great advice from the panel which included the legend Jazzy B. Didnt expect an invitation to turn it into the Sewuese show! But thanks for the Big-up anyway Mr Kwaten. Amongst all this, I'm more and more seeing how visible I've been becoming. The streets is watching... It's only when you get out there and get feedback from people that you realise you're making such an impression which has so far, been fabulous! This considering I aint dropped nothing major by myself, is a very dope sign.

More shows to come, when I'm ummm... REHEARSED! But before that, got a couple more big mixes to do. Getting in it next week. Video footage and Mute Diary Entry to come.

Happy March!
Sing you soon xx

No comments: