|

|

Tuesday 30 September 2008

THE MUTE DIARIES Entry 5: Limbo (Ikea Clarity, Wagamama Gallery)

Word of the week: Limbo. Not the dancing kind.

After last week's fabulous events, for various reasons, I found myself back in that uncomfortable place that is limbo. And limbo people, is WACK. Wiggedy wack! I would much rather know what I'm dealing with, good or bad, I can take it. But its been a week of mixed feelings... joy and confusion and not knowing where I stand with certain situations and people. I know in my heart, I have good intentions so that keeps me from needing anybody's approval which is good.

Issue is, many think the strong don't need strength, the brave need less enCOURAGEment, and that those who are inspired need less inspiration.




Quite the opposite for me I think. These are qualities in my life and career I have constantly strived to reinforced in myself. That's a good thing. Guess I want it more often. I'm greedy that way.

Being in middle-road mode makes me frustrated to sort things out, no matter how small. So looking around Ikea, I began venting in my own special ways. While it may well have been children fooling with the bedding, you never know. I mean sometimes you just want some order. Look how I found this bed...



Now here is how I left it....



Order.

Better right? Bound to do something for your state of mind. Some say I'm OCD (Obviously Crazy Dude) But saying that, consider those Ikea employees who don't leave til after midnight - just think.. I may have saved someone the cab fare.

Sometimes I convene at Wagamama to reflect and talk through things with friends over a yaki soba. Since I had a pen handy, and began living out my inner Tracey Emin on the paper place mats they serve your food on. Ok, maybe not Tracey Emin, I just have a doodling obsession...



The next time I went, they sat us at the table where they'd left a load of crayons. They musta seen me coming from MILES off...




What does it mean? I'll tell you at the auction. Not that really matters, its just expression. At least this time you cant tell what I had to eat. Or maybe that would add to it's value... Hhmmm... (I can feel the Wagamama Gallery coming on)

Continuing my search for simple good (or bad) answers, I found it on... yes, where else... YOUTUBE! And it was SO good. Not forgetting my fabulous Jools Holland experience the week before, I felt thankful. But this Magic Music Moment made me think, what happened to stuff like THIS? Looking at our young men, seems they could do with more of the same. And us chikadees. And I'm glad to say, it got me a little closer to clarity. I was able to gain some of that strength, inspiration and enCOURAGEment from this song.

Now here's some for you. And I can't wait to sing you mine xxx



*** Happy Birthday Snips ***

1 comment:

Yayemarie said...

One of the best songs out there ever produced i think...every time i used to listen to it..i would want cry..love it:)